The New England Pirate Museum
To create your own treasure island map you will need the following:
- a 9x12 piece of white construction paper
- a black ballpoint pen
- a damp, used tea bag
- Sketch the shape of your island on the white construction paper.
- On your island you may include symbols for the following: hills,
mountains, ponds and lakes, trees and forests, and your treasure.
- Draw a compass rose in the lower right hand corner.
- Name and label any ocean, cove or bay that surrounds your island.
- When your map is finished, press the damp tea bag over it. Fold the
map carefully and tear the edges to make it look old.
Back to Top |
Back to Education Curriculum